Last week Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib stated the following claim in his Friday Sermon.
“At one juncture due to the onslaughts of the enemy the Muslims were not able to offer their Salat during battle and the FIVE Prayers were combined. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was deeply saddened by this and said, ‘damn you, may the enemy be destroyed due to whom we had to combine our five Prayers.” (Friday Sermon on the 11th November, 2011, http://www.alislam.org/friday-sermon/20111111.html#summary-tab )
As usual there is NO such authenticated Hadith existed which has mentioned the combining of the FIVE prayers during a battle or any other time.
A common Ahmadi has objected and challenged the credibility of this claim and reminded Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib that even Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib does not believe that any Hadith even existed regarding the ‘combining of the FIVE prayers’.
Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib was in public forced to make correction regarding wrongly citing the reference as an authenticated Hadith.
Please read the English Summary of the Friday the 18th November 2011Sermon (http://www.alislam.org/friday-sermon/ ), where Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib was forced to present a clarification of a Hadith he had narrated in his last Friday sermon which related combining five daily Prayers during battle.
Some of the following questions arise after his admission of quoting a Hadith which does not even exist.
1. Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib has not read Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib’s books, as advised by him. He himself did not check the reference but advised others to do so in the future. He said, “When our organisations are publishing sermons or speeches, then the correct reference should be used and it should always be checked if the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has said something on the matter.
2. Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib does not write his own Khutbas (sermons, speeches), but other people does the research work for him. He would have known the views of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib on the issue of this Hadith, if he would have read his books.
3. He reiterated once again that any Ahadith which has been ruled out by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib as unauthenticated should never consider even for a discussion. Mirza Ghulam Ahmad Sahib categorically declared that ALL Ahadith regarding ‘Mahdi’ are not authenticated but Ahmadis are still ignoring him and keep presenting many Ahadith about the ‘Mahdi’. If this is not hypocrisy than what is it?
4. He also have very pathetically tried to blame for his own mistake on the fourth ‘Ahmadi Khalifa’, Mirza Tahir Ahmad Sahib, who also cited the same unauthenticated Hadith in 1986.
5. He also sated that “It is understood that no one will edit the words of Khalifa of the time, who should be personally consulted on the matter. If the citation of a Hadith reference etc. by earlier Khulafa is found that does not correspond with the writings of the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) that too should be edited, but after the approval of the Khalifa of the time.”
Can someone enlighten me that why it is understood that no one can edit the words of the ‘Khalifa of the time', (i.e. Mirza Masroor Ahmad Sahib)?
They never hesitate to alter the meanings of Quran!